This post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.I came across this tonight and was laughing hysterically. This weeks assignment is to tell a funny story of something your child did to cause laughter. How does one narrow it down? I have so many! But I just had to tell one that still makes me laugh, even nearly 2 years later!
I was on bedrest while pregnant with my twins. Obviously, my oldest son, Michael, 5 years old at the time, thought that being pregnant with twins is a ticket out of all things that might resemble work(and, well, he was kinda right!). One night, he was asked to pick up his toys before bed. He looked up at me and said, "But I can't do it, Mama." I asked him why not. He looked at me with a VERY straight face and said, "Mama, I have twins in my tummy, see?" He had taken his bee(his favorite blanket) and stuffed it in his shirt and completed the look with the "I'm pregnant with twins stance" with his hands on his back, his tummy sticking out. I could not help but laugh a little. I've got to give him credit for most outrageous excuse though. Too bad his Mama didn't buy it!



1 comment:
I fixed your first link on our site (Laughter Lives Tuesday), and deleted the second one... I was monitoring the first few that came in to make sure it was all working right... I'm a programmer, so this is my own system... just FYI...
THANKS for posting and being part of it!!!
Blessings,
Brent
www.riggsfamilyblog.com
Post a Comment