Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I cannot believe I forgot this blog!

So, I honestly thought I had blogged about a very special first in the lives of my big boys. Only, I was just reading past blogs and it wasn't there. Am I really that crazy? Okay, you don't really need to answer that! During our trip, we took the kids to Marvin's Dad's church. It is a very small church and they don't have a nursery or anything for the kids, so they sat with us. They did really well in there, I must say, I was very proud of my little men. The girls slept through the entire thing! At the end of the service, they took the Lord's supper. The boys both asked Jesus to be their savior last year during the Upwards season. At the time, Marvin was talking to them about the booklet they got from Upwards and the message in it that they had both heard. Both said they wanted to ask Jesus into their own hearts, so he lead them in prayer at our dining room table. I was grocery shopping when Michael called to tell me. I was excited but hesitant at that point, they were barely 4 and 5, I really wasn't completely convinced that they understood. However, they answered all my questions and have remained adamant that they meant it. They both remember vividly that conversation and prayer. So, I am now fully convinced that, although they may not understand the depth of this decision, they both truly meant it with their child like faith and I am one proud Mama! The kids have always been in the children's programs while we took communion until this day. So, we called them both to us and explained in detail everything we were doing and why we were doing it. It was so wonderful to be sharing such an awesome thing with our special guys. I am so excited to see how they are so open to Jesus and His wonderful gift to us. My prayer is that it will continue throughout their lives and that our other kids will follow.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is so sweet, Angel. All three of our kids were very young when they accepted Jesus as their Savior.