Sunday, January 18, 2009
Have a New Kid by Friday!
All five of my children are always perfect all the time. Okay, okay, maybe not perfect, but they are darn good kids! I love them so much, even in their imperfectness(is that a word?). However, lately we have noticed that Michael is having a hard time. So, I went and got Have a New Kid by Friday by Dr. Leman. I've read it all this week, and although today is not Friday, it is Funday at our house! That is the first day you stop reading and start acting. I believe that Michael is trying to figure out just what hit him. This book called me out on so many levels it stopped being funny! I highly recommend this book for any parent of imperfect children! Don't get me wrong, my kids won't ever be perfect, book or no book, neither will I, but I pray that they will grow to be wonderful, loving, responsible people. I want to make sure that I do everything in my power as a mother to help that process. This book points out my shortcomings more than Michael's and gave reasons for the behavior and practical ways to change it. And boy, I can see it is gonna work! I have to tell all of you about it! It is a great book for any parent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I think your house is just too crowded and you need to send some Q's my way. I love those sweet kids. :)
Actually, send me Joshua. He's the one I kept forgetting when we babysat. I really need to make that up to him. :(
Post a Comment