Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home again, Home again!

Well, it is official, we are home. We actually got home yesterday evening, but the RV is now back in its home on the other side of the water, which is 2 hours away! We set out after naptime today after I had cleaned the RV from top to bottom. We missed church today, we just couldn't swing it. We needed some recovery. I was asleep last night by 8:30, unheard of. We woke to a huge mess and after trying to get out the door, it was decided that we would make the evening service instead. So, I cleaned while Josh and the girls slept. Once they were awake and had eaten, we set out with Mary Poppins playing on our last RV journey until Spring comes! I love Mary Poppins, I really think she could keep even Sarah in line! That crazy girl is quite the little Diva. Once we dropped off the camper and had all the seats in place and babies in them, we realized that making it home in time for church just wasn't gonna happen. So, we decided to go out to eat together. We took a poll and ended up at Arby's. We took over the dining room and were enjoying our food when I took a great big bite of.....RAW CHICKEN! YUCK!!!!!! They were very quick to replace my sandwich with whatever I wanted and to throw in an apple turn over as well. Thanks, but totally NOT worth it! By the time all the little mouths around me got a taste of turnover, I got one measly bite! I was a bit disappointed until my wonderful husband offered me Dairy Queen. I LOVE ice cream! So, we went through the drive thru and got our treats(including ice cream cones for each of our children). The boys did really good, not even a drip on any of them. The girls on the other hand were SO funny. This was one of their first cones ever(I usually feed them with a spoon). Abby dug right in, face first, making a dastardly mess in the process! Sarah licked every once in a while and then proceeded to use her cone as a microphone as she sang Twinkle Little Star at the top of her lungs over and over! After a while, I took her dripping cone and ate her ice cream off the cone, leaving only what was inside. She then scooped it out with her finger and said Yummmmmm. Abby was very sad when her ice cream hit the cone and she couldn't eat it any longer(neither realized the cone was edible!). I ate a bit of the cone away and gave it back to her. She saw the ice cream on top and then smiled her biggest smile and plowed back in again! So funny! I promise I'll post pictures soon. I have to admit the I didn't take many, I was a little busy eating Lumpia! But I promise to post what I have very soon!

No comments: