Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Price of Quiet!

Most mornings I have great help in cleaning up breakfast and the rest of morning duties. But this morning Abby was glued to my leg and I needed 15 minutes of quiet and freedom to move to get done with the morning chores. So, I escorted my herd downstairs(into the family/school/playroom). Now, normally the girls follow me from room to room, so they are very rarely left to their own devices. This morning, I NEEDED a break. So, I turned on Noggin and headed upstairs. I cleaned while I SAVORED the quiet. Just 15 minutes later I went to check on the state of my basement. I then saw the price of quiet! My big boys were GLUED to the television(it doesn't normally get turned on, so they were completely enthralled!). I walked around the corner and there it was, the mess of all messes! I couldn't do anything but take pictures and smile. The quiet really WAS worth it!




Sarah reveling in her work!

Josh was pretty happy with himself too!

At least Abby was repentant!



Some fun times that make it all worth while!



My Princess even sleeps like a girl!

Rub a dub dub, three cuties in a tub!

Future American Idol?! I think just maybe!

I love this picture (and no, that is NOT another mess in the background!)

Michael doing flips in the basement

No comments: