Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I guess I was a little grumpy today!

So, after a LONG morning of a TON of unnecessary mess, failed morning naps, crazy energy when we were SUPPOSED to be doing school(meaning I almost had to tie Sam to his chair, I finally sent him upstairs so Michael could finish), Sarah's eardrum shattering temper tantrums. I attempted a miserable trip to Best Buy in which I piled all five kids in a tiny cart(I must say the kids had a BLAST, but their Mama finally had to leave after getting NO answers), I was feeling a BIT stressed. I thought I was hiding it well, but I guess not, I had to share the conversation from the backseat as we FINALLY pulled out of the parking lot.

Sam: Michael, I think Mama needs a nap.

Michael: Yes, she is being a grumpypants.

Sam: Yep, she needs a nap and a hug

Well, I have got to say that my grumps melted a bit at my sweet boy's assessment! I really couldn't reprimand Michael, after all, I really was a grumpypants! I love my crazy kids! However, I put EVERY one of them in bed as soon as we walked in the door, after getting some great squeezes!

3 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

Sounds like you have your hands full! I couldn't imagine putting five children in a shopping cart. I hope you have a much better day.

I just found your blog and love it! I'm looking forward to reading more.

eastandwest said...

Thanks for a great laugh, Mrs. Grumpypants!

The Carters said...

Kids have a sixth sense and can tell when you're a grumpypants :)