Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Abby Girl

The girls were officially 18 months old yesterday! I CANNOT believe how big they are getting and how fast it is happening! Do they not know that they are supposed to stay my babies forever? Sarah is running at high speeds always! She is talking in sentences. We were in the car and she was screaming last week. I called back, "Sarah, use your words." Marvin gave me that do you not realize that she is a baby look. But, she stopped crying, looked at me and said, "I want paci please." And then she pointed to it on the floor to put emphasis on her request. It feels funny to tell such a little one to use her words, but she is one smart cookie! The boys were over 2 before they could do that, but this girl talks ALL the time. Abby girl is not there. She is not behind the curve for speech, she has about 5 words that she uses on a regular basis. She communicates her wants and desires with cute little grunts and pointing. It works for her, because she has her Mama wrapped around her sweet little finger! She is not walking yet. We took her into the doctor just last week to make sure nothing was wrong. She has been on the late side all her life, but my mommy instint really thought something was up physically. She looked her over and looked at Abby stand and walk with my fingers(or not really, as the case my be). She noticed the foot turning outward that we have been concerned about. She ordered x rays on Abby's hips and said we'd see if it showed anything and then go from there. So, we got the x rays done that day and have been waiting for results. The doctor called tonight to say that the x rays showed a minor dysplasia. She is referring us to an Orthopedic surgeon who will do further testing to determine what, if anything, needs to be done. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I am a bit upset at our pediatrician in Charleston whom we brought up her feet pointing outward and they continued the wait and see approach month after month. Our new doctor has said that the feet turning outward along with her being a twin would merit a look very early on, when it would have been much easier to use a brace to correct the problem. I know that God has perfect timing, I just don't like to think my sweet Abby girl might be uncomfortable or in pain. I'd appreciate your prayers in the coming weeks, that we'd have wisdom and make good decisions in what is the best way to help her.In the meantime, our house marches on. I started a Bible study here today. I think it will be great to get to know people better. I feel like after all the horrible sick time and snow, I'm starting all over in making friends. It was great to share the Word of God with other Ladies who desire to know Him more as well. Now, this is the precise reason I don't blog while the kids are awake. Michael is now crying because he flipped off the couch and instead of landing on the pillows, he landed on the floor. Sam is repeatedly saying Sorry(I'm not exactly sure why, but maybe Michael was helped just a little in the flipping process. Sarah is crying because Abby is riding the horse bike and she won't get off. Abby is crying because Sarah is trying to push her off. Josh, however, is quietly standing still and trying to put the play cell phone into his pocket(which, by the way, cannot happen, the phone is at least twice the size of his pocket!). I better go quickly restore order into the chaos that is my most wonderful home!

4 comments:

julie said...

praying for abby!

eastandwest said...

Praying for sweet Abby, that if this is anything that it is minor and correctable.

Kristan said...

hey, sorry for the random comment - i found your blog through a comment on mckmama's and checked you out because we have 18 month old twin girls too! they're our only ones, though, so i'm impressed by you. :) such sweeties.

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for sweet Abby as well as you guys in making decisions as to what is best for her!!!